Simon and the team are please to welcome Ed Lee to MRT Architects as an Architectural Designer.
Since completing his RIBA Part 2 Masters degree at Oxford Brooks School of Architecture in 2017, Ed spent a year working in Hong Kong where he was involved in a wide range of projects, varying from private housing to high rise mixed use complexes. Here, Ed gained further skills in urban design, 3D modelling and video-making; and now adds a wealth of experience in a variety of Architectural and 3D visualisation software packages to MRT Architects.
Ed’s skills and graphical experience will help MRT to continue delivering quality and pristine designs for our Clients.
MRT Architects is delighted to share that Scott Walker has passed his professional interview to become a member of the Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists.
Scott originally joined the practice in 2015 as a RIBA Part 1 Architectural Assistant, after completing his degree at Birmingham City University School of Architecture. Since then, Scott has worked on a multitude of schemes varying from listed buildings, one off housing projects and multi house development schemes. It was here where Scott’s enthusiasm for the more technical aspects of Architecture and the challenges of creative detail design, led Scott to attain CIAT Chartership.
On behalf of everyone at MRT, we would like to take the opportunity to recognise and congratulate Scott on his achievement on becoming an Architectural Technologist!
Planning success for Class Q – Conversion of Agricultural Buildings Dwellings
MRT have recently obtained permission for the conversion of three redundant agricultural buildings into five new dwellings near Hockley Heath.
The approval was secured under Class Q of the Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (England) Order, which allows for the conversion of redundant agricultural buildings into dwellings, subject to the proposals meeting a set criteria. The scheme involved changing buildings previously used as part of a former dairy and turkey farm, into a mix of two and three bedroom dwelling houses surrounded by beautiful countryside and close to many local amenities.
The proposal utilises the existing brick built animal barns and retains their agricultural character to enhance the overall setting of the site whilst providing five new dwellings in a sustainable location.
Have you got a redundant agricultural building? Please do get in touch with us on 01789 292383 or email and we will happy to discuss whether you may be eligible for Class Q.
Contemporary new dwelling wins appeal in Welford on Avon
The site is screened from view along the lanes by a large number of mature trees and is set within a ‘secretive location’ within the conservation area. The proposed new dwelling sits on an already mature garden and landscape where the intention is to retain the majority of the mature trees. In addition a new orchard, which has been proposed, significantly enhances the existing landscape in place of an existing tennis court. The design is unique and contemporary in style however reflects the variety of houses in many architectural styles, including some Listed buildings laid out in a fragmented pattern along the street.
MRT Architects are looking forward to taking the project through the technical development stage in order to begin works on-site and achieve the aspirations of their client.
We are Recruiting!
MRT Architects are always interested in hearing from talented people who are keen to join our team. At the moment, we are currently actively looking to recruit a creative and imaginative Project Architect.
With a minimum of 5 years Post-Part 3 experience with good all-round ability, the successful candidate with be confident and able to work independently to deliver and manage projects, whilst also being a committed and friendly member of the MRT team.
Specialising in high end residential, retail and commercial projects, MRT Architects LLP was established in 1994 and offers a diverse range of clients innovative and creative solutions to their needs. Committed to high standards, project manage each client and their work on an individual basis, following RIBA good practise.
Role & Responsibilities:
Working from town centre offices based in Stratford upon Avon, this role offers the right candidate a very hands-on opportunity to work within a highly successful practice as part of a diverse, friendly and sociable team. You will be working on a variety of projects at any one time, working alongside and assisting the architectural team, whilst also being able to work autonomously.
You will be required to:
• Be confident meeting new and existing clients;
• Prepare drawings and concept schemes through to detailed drawings for tender and construction;
• Assist leading a team of external consultants through several stages of the project such as: concept, planning, tender, and construction;
• Prepare planning and building regulation applications;
• Prepare tender documentation and action;
• Lead, oversee project contract administration;
• Attend site meetings with contractors and other specialists to ensure that the works are being coordinated, to check progress on site, and to deal with issues that may arise during the build period;
• Work on several projects at a time;
• Ensure office standards and level of quality is met on each project;
Required Skills & Experience:
• Minimum 5-years post Part III qualified;
• Well rounded skills with experience in coordinating and producing information for all RIBA stages;
• AutoCAD and Revit experience;
• Knowledge of relevant Local Authorities policies, listed buildings guidance, building control requirements;
• Ability to read technical drawings and specifications,construction methods and knowledge of the relevant regulations (eg. CDM regulations, Health & Safety, Building regulations);
• Experience in coordinating project teams and awareness of their roles and areas of expertise;
• Excellent multi-tasker and communicator across all forms, with organisational skills and the ability to solve problems in a practical manner;
• Clear and concise communicator with excellent written and spoken English skills;
Salary & Package:
The successful candidate will receive a salary commensurate with experience. In addition to this, staff receive, statutory pension plan.
Please send a brief covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org