Planning success for Class Q – Conversion of Agricultural Buildings Dwellings
MRT have recently obtained permission for the conversion of three redundant agricultural buildings into five new dwellings near Hockley Heath.
The approval was secured under Class Q of the Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (England) Order, which allows for the conversion of redundant agricultural buildings into dwellings, subject to the proposals meeting a set criteria. The scheme involved changing buildings previously used as part of a former dairy and turkey farm, into a mix of two and three bedroom dwelling houses surrounded by beautiful countryside and close to many local amenities.
The proposal utilises the existing brick built animal barns and retains their agricultural character to enhance the overall setting of the site whilst providing five new dwellings in a sustainable location.
Have you got a redundant agricultural building? Please do get in touch with us on 01789 292383 or email and we will happy to discuss whether you may be eligible for Class Q.
Contemporary new dwelling wins appeal in Welford on Avon
The site is screened from view along the lanes by a large number of mature trees and is set within a ‘secretive location’ within the conservation area. The proposed new dwelling sits on an already mature garden and landscape where the intention is to retain the majority of the mature trees. In addition a new orchard, which has been proposed, significantly enhances the existing landscape in place of an existing tennis court. The design is unique and contemporary in style however reflects the variety of houses in many architectural styles, including some Listed buildings laid out in a fragmented pattern along the street.
MRT Architects are looking forward to taking the project through the technical development stage in order to begin works on-site and achieve the aspirations of their client.
We are Recruiting!
MRT Architects are always interested in hearing from talented people who are keen to join our team. At the moment, we are currently actively looking to recruit a creative and imaginative Project Architect.
With a minimum of 5 years Post-Part 3 experience with good all-round ability, the successful candidate with be confident and able to work independently to deliver and manage projects, whilst also being a committed and friendly member of the MRT team.
Specialising in high end residential, retail and commercial projects, MRT Architects LLP was established in 1994 and offers a diverse range of clients innovative and creative solutions to their needs. Committed to high standards, project manage each client and their work on an individual basis, following RIBA good practise.
Role & Responsibilities:
Working from town centre offices based in Stratford upon Avon, this role offers the right candidate a very hands-on opportunity to work within a highly successful practice as part of a diverse, friendly and sociable team. You will be working on a variety of projects at any one time, working alongside and assisting the architectural team, whilst also being able to work autonomously.
You will be required to:
• Be confident meeting new and existing clients;
• Prepare drawings and concept schemes through to detailed drawings for tender and construction;
• Assist leading a team of external consultants through several stages of the project such as: concept, planning, tender, and construction;
• Prepare planning and building regulation applications;
• Prepare tender documentation and action;
• Lead, oversee project contract administration;
• Attend site meetings with contractors and other specialists to ensure that the works are being coordinated, to check progress on site, and to deal with issues that may arise during the build period;
• Work on several projects at a time;
• Ensure office standards and level of quality is met on each project;
Required Skills & Experience:
• Minimum 5-years post Part III qualified;
• Well rounded skills with experience in coordinating and producing information for all RIBA stages;
• AutoCAD and Revit experience;
• Knowledge of relevant Local Authorities policies, listed buildings guidance, building control requirements;
• Ability to read technical drawings and specifications,construction methods and knowledge of the relevant regulations (eg. CDM regulations, Health & Safety, Building regulations);
• Experience in coordinating project teams and awareness of their roles and areas of expertise;
• Excellent multi-tasker and communicator across all forms, with organisational skills and the ability to solve problems in a practical manner;
• Clear and concise communicator with excellent written and spoken English skills;
Salary & Package:
The successful candidate will receive a salary commensurate with experience. In addition to this, staff receive, statutory pension plan.
Please send a brief covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Permission granted for 10 new dwellings in Welford on Avon
MRT along with Framptons Planning and developers Spitfire Bespoke Homes Ltd have obtained planning permission for 10 new bespoke dwellings in Welford on Avon. The scheme’s design was informed by extensive discussions with the LPA, Parish Council and comments made by local residents, which in turn has resulted in a mix of both detached houses and bungalows with parapet-roofed garages. The majority of the houses are to be built in traditional brickwork, all with grey slate roofs and with some part-rendered. Open spaces within the site create a ‘Village Green’ promoting a sense of community and ownership over the shared spaces.
MRT welcome new Architectural Designer
MRT Architects are pleased to welcome Asma Dauleh, who joins the team as a RIBA Part 2 Architectural Designer.
Asma’s previous experience involved working in Qatar for two years. There she was involved with a number of varied projects such as a bank, a race track and a mixed used work/live development in Doha.
On her return to the UK, Asma studied at Leeds Beckett University for her Masters degree, where her design skills led to success in winning an international design competition for a project in Philadelphia
With her diverse experience and creative flair, MRT is looking forward to Asma supporting the team.